+48 532 626 248
Building a new app for Transcash
Re-designing and developing the customer panel
Scope of cooperation
Goal of the project
Re-designing the customer panel used for submitting factoring and debt recovery cases
How was it before?
The company wanted to enable its customers to use all its services from a single panel with a user-friendly and consistent UI adapted for mobile devices.
This way, Transcash wanted to make the system easier to use, and enable its users to operate it on their own. Such approach was aimed at relieving manual communication channels, such as e-mail or helpline. A significant challenge while creating the new app was to ensure compatibility and seamless communication of the new panel with legacy systems used by Transcash. This would increase the availability and stability of the system.
Technologies used in the project
After initial analysis of customer needs and expectations, a scope of work had been created, covering only activities related to the re-design of the customer panel. Only after this stage had been finished and data from three months’ work of the UX team had been analysed, the customer decided to expand the scope of the project. An architectural design was created along with a concept of an infrastructure solution, and at the final stage an app for AWS cloud was built.
RST Software Masters – our approach
We started with UX research and design, which allowed us to identify and characterise users’ issues as well as pre-deployment expectations of the business about the system. Those included:
- Workshops with a client’s team, during which new personas and their needs were jointly created;
- Competition research: designers checked similar systems, their webpages, and available functionalities;
- Google Analytics stats review for the existing panel, which gave us better understanding of the most used functionalities and of user behaviours;
- User tests of the existing system to understand their needs and issues they experience with the current panel (10 users were tested in-house or remotely);
- Workshops with a client’s team, during which the designers and researchers presented the results of user tests, which enabled the creation of new, streamlined processes (using the Customer Journey Mapping);
- Weekly meetings with POs and shareholders, during which the designers presented UX mockups of particular views and functionalities, and gathered feedback to introduce changes.
This resulted in interactive UX mockups (built in Axure RP), which enabled us to understand and walk through basic usage scenarios for the app, and to re-test it with the target group (10 users were tested in-house or remotely).
After implementing final changes based on the feedback provided by the users, the UI Design was created, i.e. a proposition of what the app may look like.
By uncovering user needs and cooperating with Transcash’s team, the design team identified new needs regarding the panel. It was necessary to deploy new functionalities so that new and existing clients could perform tasks entirely on their own. An estimate was created along with an offer for deployment of new items in the customer panel.
Solution — RST Software Masters
The RST Software Masters design team comprised field experts, which means Transcash could focus on defining their needs and priorities, and the RST team could propose well-thought-out technical solutions, the implementation of which would provide value to end-users. Many years’ experience and expertise of RST allowed us to mitigate project risks. Strong influence over the decisions made in the project has significantly increased the level of engagement of the RST team in the product itself, as the team felt personally responsible for the outcome. Any activities undertaken by the deployment team were reported to the client in a transparent manner.
- a modern UI with support for different devices (RWD);
- new features supporting process automation;
- new functionalities (user-friendly);
- modern panel architecture ensuring stability and enabling fast and frequent deployments;
- a set of metrics was deployed to enable analysis of collected business data. Analytic tools were implemented, such as: Firebase, Google Analytics, HotJar
AWS — operations in the cloud
The deployed solution was hosted in the AWS infrastructure, which enabled us to increase the stability and efficiency of the system. The next step of the project is the continuous optimisation and monitoring of the new, cloud-based infrastructure. We also deploy new cloud-based solutions, such as an Invoice Data Recognition system.
and consistent UI adapted for mobile devices
for new functionalities
and system scalability by moving the infrastructure to AWS
operations for users
Increase in revenue
by expanding the scope of business operations: Transcash services could be sold in the e-commerce channel
of the app
WE ARE THE MEMBER OF:
WE ARE THE PART OF:
WE ARE THE OFFICIAL PARTNER OF: